fruits

fruits

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Yoga.

I used to think yoga was so boring and was a snooze fest. I probably thought this because I had actually never tried it. You know what they say... don't judge a book by its cover. And boy is that a very true quote when it comes to yoga. I didn't know that yoga could be fast paced and actually get your heart rate up. There are different types of yoga, but the one I went to was hard, completely opposite of the nap time I thought it was going to be. Basically this is what I looked like trying the poses for the first time:


Who knew it would be so hard to keep your balance...I sure didn't. 

This all get me thinking, what are the benefits of yoga? There has to be a lot because it seems like everyone is into yoga. So I did some research and here are a few benefits I found.

Yoga reduces stress. Come on, we're college students and we are all stressed so maybe we all need a little yoga in our lives.

Yoga improves sleep patterns. Again, we're in college and we all have messed up sleep patterns. WE NEED SLEEP so therefore WE NEED YOGA.

Yoga boots oxygen flow. And oxygen is very important. 

Yoga can ease chronic pain. I don't have much chronic pain, but if you do, head to yoga!

Yoga increases range of motion, flexibility and balance. By doing more yoga, I won't look like Stitch up there every time.

Yoga can balance your emotions. I'm a girl and have crazy emotions, so yoga could be good for me.

SOOO if you like what you read and you're always jealous of those girls who can do crazy yoga poses on histogram, get out and go try some yoga!!!! It's another way that you can stay
healthy-ish.


No comments:

Post a Comment