fruits

fruits

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Greens.

I am someone who has a hard time eating leafy greens, and everyone out there says you need those and lots of it. It helps keep you full, can give you great skin and hair, is very very healthy and many other great reasons. Well anyways, I'm kinda picky when it comes to veggies and I only like green beans and broccoli. But recently I found a solution for this problem...and it's called green smoothies!!!! I like use a recipe by Kimberly Snyder and she calls it the "Glowing Green Smoothie" or GGS for short. One serving of GGS has over 3 cups of dark leafy green vegetables, which if you didn't know is more than some people get in a week!

So here's what you'll need:


  • 1-2 cups very cold, filtered water
  • ¾ pound organic romaine lettuce, rough chopped, about 1 head
  • ½ head large bunch or small bunch organic spinach
  • 3-4 organic celery stalks, halved
  • 1 organic apple, cored, seeded, quartered
  • 1 organic pear, cored, seeded, quartered
  • 1 organic banana, peeled
  • ½ fresh organic lemon, peeled, seeded
  • bunch organic cilantro with stems 
  • bunch organic parsley with stems

And then,
- Place water, romaine, spinach, celery, and optional ingredients, if using, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid
- Starting the blender on a low speed, blend until smooth.
- Gradually moving to higher speeds Add apple, pear, banana and lemon to the blender and blend until smooth.


Now, I know you're thinking "ew that sounds so gross" and trust me, I thought that too. But I am telling you the truth when I say it actually tastes really good. Like I said earlier, I'm picky and I enjoy this smoothie. So if you are someone like me and don't like to eat leafy greens, MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE!!! It will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment