fruits

fruits

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Breakfast Drinks.

My mom is really into breakfast drinks. Slim Fast, Carnation Breakfast Essentials, and any others that make for a quick breakfast on the go. Since she was always stocking up on these, I thought I would start drinking them since I tend to always wake up late. At first I was loving it. It's yummy and chocolaty, so what could be wrong with it?? Funny that you ask... Let's look at the nutrition label, this is for a Slim Fast.

17 GRAMS OF SUGAR???? For those of you who don't know...that is a lot! So it's kind of weird that these are considered "weight loss drinks" because I don't see how you are aiming to lose weight by drinking 17 grams of sugar just for breakfast. After I learned this information (or actually read the nutrition label), I quickly backed away from the drink. I was a little sad, because this is such a quick breakfast but quick isn't always the best. So now I'm back to eating oatmeal in the morning, which is still semi-quick, but much less sugar. 

So next time you're really loving something and put into daily life, check the label so you can make sure it's 
healthy-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment