fruits

fruits

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Staying on Track.

I've come to a point in my fitness journey where I am not seeing results at the moment. I'm sure this happens to everyone who is trying to get fit or become more healthy, but it doesn't make it any easier. I feel like I have been working very hard to see a difference and I'm just not seeing any. I bet this is a point where a lot of people get frustrated and down and decide to quit and head back to fast food and not exercising. That would be easy, and I believe that good things in life do not come easy. I always see and hear people say that "it takes 3 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for your friends and family to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world." I just changed my diet and exercise routine a week and a half ago, so maybe I am just stuck in the before 3 weeks stage. There's this quote I heard a few years ago and it's stuck with me and challenges me to push myself especially in situations like this... Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment. Because at the moment I want to quit and go eat burgers and queso and drink Dr. Pepper, but I really want to see results in the end.

Sometimes it is hard to not feel this way and want to give up on yourself, but here are ways that keep me on track and help me stick to my routines:

1. Take Progress Pictures: I know this seems like a "gym rat" thing to do, but it's encouraging to look back and see how far you've come! I took my first progress pic at the beginning of the summer and before looking back at it I didn't think that I had changed very much, but boy was I wrong! So take a picture, and if you're embarrassed about it don't show anyone. It can just be for your own encouragement. 

2. Find a Workout Buddy: It's much easier to head to the gym when you know you have a friend waiting for you there, and it's also great accountability. You can keep one another on track and encourage each other to workout and eat healthy even when you aren't the mood.

3. Stay Consistent: I find it is easier to hop out of bed and head to the gym in the morning because I have been consistent in going every morning. If I stick to one workout schedule/regimen it isn't as
difficult because I don't have the feeling that I am starting something new and tough.

4. Have a Cheat Meal: Notice I said cheat MEAL, not cheat day!!! I think that cheat meals are a way to reward yourself with a fattening meal or treat without reversing all your hard work and training of that week. (Advice: try to keep your cheat meals 900 calories or under).

AND REMEMBER....

So if you're feeling frustrated and want to quit, DON'T!!! Keep hanging in there and I promise it will be worth it. The hard work is worth when you finally start to feel
healthy-ish.

1 comment:

  1. Really great post! I like the tips at the end and I think if people actually followed them it would help them! I really like how you said cheat MEAL not cheat day. I think one of my biggest problems is turning a cheat meal into a cheat day.

    ReplyDelete