fruits

fruits

Friday, September 4, 2015

Fast Food.

So let's talk about it. Is it ever healthy? If I want to be healthier will I have to never get food out of a window again? These and many others are questions I asked myself when I started this health kick, and the answer I found surprised me. For all you out there wondering, the answer is.....fast food can be okay! Now before you get all excited and head straight to McDonald's and get a Big Mac, you have to know what to eat and start to look at calories before you venture to the drive through. If you're asking yourself if this is legit and if I even know what I'm talking about, the answer is yes. One of my trainers told me that the McDonald's Southwest Chicken Salad was a good meal if you are in a hurry and can't eat at home. I took that information and compared calories and made a list of other fast food meals that would be okay if I was in a rush. So here's my go-to quick meals!

First up is the McDonald's Southwest Chicken Salad I mentioned earlier.


This yummy salad is 330 calories with grilled chicken (always go for grilled!!!) before the dressing. If you're a ranch lover like me and eat it even though you know it isn't the healthy option, you're adding 200 more calories. However, if you choose the southwest dressing the salad originally comes with, you're only adding 150 more calories. 


If salads aren't your thing, then head on over to Chic-fil-A and grab yourself some grilled chicken nuggets. These bad boys are 140 calories for the 8-count and 200 calories for the 12-count. Now I know it is going to be tempting to go to Chic-fil-A and not get their amazing waffle fries, but don't do it!!! You're adding 400 calories just for abmedium fry. Don't fret, there are other side options! You can get a fruit cup for 50 calories, a side salad for 80 calories, or a greek yogurt parfait for 120 calories.

 

We all know Subway can be healthy, but if you start piling up all the not so good for you ingredients on your sandwich, the calories can start to add up. Here's my usual: 6 inch wheat bread with provolone cheese, lettuce, red onions, spinach, avocado and no dressing (which is tough but the best decision if you're watching calories) and all that adds up to be around 320 calories. So head to Subway and experiment and find your own healthy creation. 

(For additional ideas and fast food meals check out this article).

Well I hope that helps you out next time you're in a time crunch and still want to be
healthy-ish!


No comments:

Post a Comment